Sunday, September 9, 2012

Productive Saturday

I worked on quite a few projects today so I can cross some things off of my list. I have been worked on some seasonal wall hangings for my grandpa. This is the second one that I have completed so its now in the mail. I think they are a really pretty thing to just hang on the door.


Next I worked on a soft baby book. I found out that I only had enough fusible for one book so I finished the one that I needed to get sent out and its in the mail now too :) I have never made one of these before but they are really easy and cute to boot so I think it will get a lot of use. 


Last night I got a wild hair and thought I would use my new book 'Fast & Furious - Quilting As You Go' by Gudrun Erla. You can find the book here. Amazon is a great source of information on this book because you can see all of the color pictures of the projects in the book. 

I picked the 'Lucky Charms' pattern for a cute little table runner. This whole runner is just 1 charm pack, a little bit of binding fabric and some cute buttons. I think you could probably finish the whole thing for under $15. It took me about 1.5 hours to get this far so with the binding on it will probably be finished under 2 hours!!

CLose up of the runner and cute button

Runner minus the binding

 I think today I am going to tackle some of my flannel scraps and see if I can complete another pattern from Gudrun's book. The quilts in the book and more like a lap/baby sized but that will be just find with me. 

I hope you have a production weekend too!

Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment