Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Pinterest Party Sneak Peak and other Ramblings

So I have finally figured out what I am making for the Pinterest Party that I am going to! Here is a sneak peak of the fabrics that I am using.


Ohhhh aren't they just awesome! When I bought them I still had no clue what I was making so I just picked up two yards of each. I found both of them at the Fabric Bin in Aberdeen, SD. If you have not been there I highly suggest checking them out. I lived in Aberdeen for nearly 8 years and didn't step foot in the store until after I moved away - sad. Anyway they have TONS of great fabric and loads of samples. They also have a Facebook special every Friday. I happened to shop on a Friday and the special was $1.50 off each yard of bolted fabric - woohoo!

The plan is that I will start/finish cutting up my fabric this weekend and hopefully get a few things sewn since I have a 3-day weekend.

Tomorrow night it is time for my guild meeting and I just finished up the blocks for that. We made the Patience Block this month - pretty!! The guild provided the leaf fabric and I used some Kansas Troubles fabric that I thought went well with it. 


This was an easy block to make and ended up being 12 inches. The last few we have made have all been smaller so its nice to get something this big for once. I think these blocks would be nice to make with leftover fabric and place on the back of a quilt. 

Well enough for now! Wish me luck with the Pinterest Party and I hope to have a few more things posted soon :)

Angela S.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that I ran into your blog! I am the fellow shopper that commented on your Tula Pink Bag. I will have to check in at your blog to see how everything is going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much :) I finally finished my Pinterest party presents so now I can get back to making just one of everything! Hope to see you out shopping again!

      Delete