Monday, November 12, 2012

Barbados Bag - Finished!

I picked up the kit for my latest bag from Heirloom Creations before I left for vacation in October. I finally got it finished up now -- eek! Oh well, better later than never. This bag provided me with a much needed break this weekend since I was working on Pinterest Party gifts again. 

Heirloom Creations is doing a 'Bag of the Month' type of things these days so they had kits and patterns all ready to go. Here is a link to their article for the October bag of the month. As you can see mine should have flowers on the outside pocket but I didn't like that fabric as much so I made that the 'main body' of the bag. 

The pattern for the bag is from Pink Sand Beach Designs and I have to tell you it was a little confusing! I think my issue was that I had cut out my fabric a few weeks ago and then didn't get back to it today so i had to keep measuring my pieces to see if they were the front, the back, a pocket or a lining. Next time I make the bag I will be labeling my pieces :) 


The inner pocket of the bag is bag enough to fit my iPad with room to spare! The top of the bag has a zipper closure and there is also a zippered pocket of the front(my cell phone is peeking out). On both sides of the bag there are open pockets and there is a set of pockets inside the bag as well. 

I wore the bag out and about today while running errands and the length of the strap is perfect even while wearing a winter coat. In the summer this bag may look a little long on me but that can easily be adjusted next time I use the pattern.

I made a little trip out of town this weekend and FINALLY visited the Dell Rapids quilt shop, Always Your Design. I have seen this shop at a few quilt shows so it was nice to finally get there in person. My husband helped me pick out this great cat fabric. 


I have no idea what I am going to make with this but it was just too cute to pass up! 

I have got to get back to those Pinterest gifts now but I'll check in again soon!

Happy quilting!

Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment