Sunday, July 8, 2012

Weekend Update 7/8

 This week I worked on my Quilting Gallery Beginner's QAL block, the Friendship Star. I have made at least one of these before and I liked it then. Just a few half-square triangles but nothing too complicated to get the look.I made sure to fussy-cut the red fabric so that I had a different cat in each corner.

Block 5 - Friendship Star



A few weeks ago I had picked up the Bridget's Bagettes kit from Heirloom Creations. The kit had enough included to make 3 bags, one in each size. You probably could have made a few of the same size if you wanted but I thought I had better just try them all for the first time. These bags are just awesome and Terri is able to prove once again that zippers are not scary! I had thought that working with vinyl would be difficult but with a walking foot and some tissue paper it ended up not being a deal at all.



I also made myself a make-up bag this week using one of Atkinson Designs older patterns. The Cash and Carry pattern was the first time that I learned to put in a zipper. I had taken a class on it from Heirloom quite a long time ago but the directions made much more sense this time around :) The dimensions of the pattern were obviously made for a wallet or classes case of somesorts. I needed a larger bag so i just adjusted the measurements as I saw fit. I got a couple of fat quarters of fabric and the zipper from Heirloom and had this cute little bag a few hours later. 
 

This week will be busy with both guild and Sewtopia meetings but I am working on a few other projects that I hope to post about soon!

Have a great week!

Angela

2 comments: