Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm Back!

I'm back from the land of cheese! I actually didn't bring any back with me but I did bring back fresh-picked blueberries!! As I type, I have a batch of blueberry muffins in the oven from the site Our Best Bites. These gals are amazing :) 

My vacation was nice and relaxing and I got to spend tons of time with my family. The place we went to was Jellystone Warrens. The park is a great deal for large families since the minigolf and waterpark/pools are included in your camping rates. We stayed in a large villa so I was able to bring my sewing machine along!!

My new favorite travel companion was the following: 


 This book is awesome since you can't find all shops when you google. You can also plan out your route depending on if there is a quilt shop you want to visit. My favorite new shop is Olive Juice Quilts. They are located in Lacrosse/Onalaska, WI. They have a great selection of fabrics and are in an awesome cottage. I bought the following kit and pattern from them. Yeah yeah...I know his chin is a little messed up and I don't have his eyes on yet BUT you get the idea :)


  I stopped on the way back as well and got this pattern and some great fabric.



My other buys from shop hopping around were the following charm packs:


 I am planning on working through the book "3 Times the Charm!" and these will be perfect. One of the shops I stopped at actually had kits for some of the patterns in the book which was very cool.

While camping I finished up the quilting on my Halloween wall hanging. I just did some straight stitching across with black thread and then the binding is just the backing of the quilt folded and pulled forward.



Whew!! I also started and finished the quilting on my Lorax quilt.  I will post pictures of that shortly since I just finished up the binding. I did not bring my Beginner's Quilt-Along fabric with me so I will have two weeks to catch up on this week. The Craftsy block of the month blocks have been neglected too. Once Quilts and Vines is over I'll get back on track!

I hope you are all doing great out there!

Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment