Monday, July 16, 2012

Weekend Update 7/15

I am in the mood for cooler temperatures! I finished a winter wall hanging and have a Halloween wall hanging all pinned and ready to be quilted. 
 
All quilted and bound!

 I had purchased a kit and cut out the pieces a long time ago and finally got to working on that again this weekend. I am only making the 8x8 size but the kit I bought looks to have enough of the batting to make at least 2 more 9x13 holders so that's nice. This particular carrier is a table runner and carrier all in one instead of just the carrier. I think that it will work really nice so then you have basically a really large pot holder to put all of the hot food items on and you don't need to worry about hurting the table. 

An 8x8 casserole carrier
 I also started on a beach towel dress. The tutorial that I am following is here. Beach towels were on clearance at Target and this one came with a matching bag to I think its going to be really cute to wear. I have all the shirring done and just need to add straps now. The fabric did not shrink up as much as I was planning so i did have to make some other alterations so that it didn't look too big on me. 


Beach towel dress


On another note - Quilts and Vines due date for quilts is August 4th. I have a few things quilted and bound but none of them have sleeves or labels as of yet so that will be my main concern for the next few weeks!

Keep cool out there!

Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment