Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Oink-a-Doodle-Moo Charm Quilt

Hello all! My first nephew has finally arrived so now i can show you his quilt :) 

The inspiration from this quilt came from Girls in the Garden. She has tons of lovely photos on her site - swoon!


I am in love with the Oink-a-Doodle-Moo fabric line and I'm pretty sure I should stock up on more of it. For this quilt I purchased 1 yard of the orange chicken wire fabric and a charm pack. The binding took an additional 1/4 yard but it was a very tight fit. Next time I would get 1/3 yard just to be on the safe side. The backing was an orange and blue flannel stripe that looks just awesome - I can't believe I didn't take more pictures than this before I wrapped it up. Oh well. 

As you can see, I lined up the charms that I liked and then sashed and bordered them with 5 inch strips of the chicken wire. I quilted the finished product by machine and also used the machine to attach the binding.

If you love this line too - check out the following post at the Moda Bake Shop. Soooo awesome! Three quilts from one jelly roll!! 

Have a great rest of the week!

Angela S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment