Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Craftsy BOM Backing

It's finally done!!

 


 This backing is made up of all of the scraps leftover from my Craftsy BOM quilt top. I bought something like 45 or so fat quarters for the project - so I promised myself no buying fabric unless absolutely necessary! With the fabric that I had left I cut the pieces into 5 inch strips, 2.5 inch strips and 10 inch blocks. I also had a few fat quarters that were still whole and some of the backing fabric left in larger pieces. 


I am loving this backing and think the back is just as awesome as the front of the quilt :) I can't wait to get this to the quilter and have it put together. I am thinking that I will have her use a large stipple pattern on the entire quilt. Since the front is a sampler I really want the blocks to speak for themselves and I think a more mellow, all-over design will help pull everything together. 

Happy quilting!

Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment