Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Wedding Quilt - Stash Stars by Atkinson Designs

Hello all!

I finally get to show off the awesome wedding quilt that I finished up last week!

The pattern is Stash Stars from Atkinson Designs and I bought the kit from Heirloom Creations. The backing is something that one of the girls there helped me put together. The first time I saw the quilt I wasn't really sold but since the wedding colors were 'rainbow' I knew it would be fitting. And, of course, by the time I finished up my sewing I wanted to keep it for myself :)


 As you can see this quilt does not have a binding...I decided to quilt-as-you-go the top to the batting. Once that part was complete I sewed right side of the backing and right side of the top together and flipped them right side out :) I did a bit of quilting to attach the two pieces together but not much.

 I hope the newlyweds enjoy the quilt as much as I do!

Angela S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment