Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A few Quilt of Valor blocks

Hello All!

This week I spent some time on Quilts of Valor blocks. The Sioux Falls Quilt Guilt provides a main color for the block and members provide the rest for as many blocks as they would like to make. Here is the first block. I think it looks boring all by itself....


 but when you put 4 of them together...you get this awesome pinwheel!!


I made 2 of the 'party hat' blocks and I really like how they both turned out. These blocks are 12 inches where the pinwheel blocks are 8.5 inches.


If you would like more information on Quilts of Valor you can visit them here. I love working on these blocks because if each member does just a few blocks we can have a quilt top pieced in no time!!

The guild meeting this month should be interesting since the April meeting was cancelled due to weather. I am expecting that we will have lots of giveaways and news to attend to due to the missed meeting. 

In other news this week, I was able to pin down the dates for the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop. I had thought about going to a different section this year but I don't want to have to drive just to get on a bus :) It looks like I will be doing the Southwest section again which is just fine with me. I visited the shop in Sherburn a few weeks ago and they already had their quilt ready for their 'cookbook'!! It was so exciting to see it since it had JUST come back from the quilter. 

That's all for now - have a great rest of the week and enjoy the weather!

Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment