Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Another bright bag

Hello all!!

I spent my time this weekend finishing up another Half Moon Bay 6-pack Bag. I previously posted about this bag pattern here. These bags are going to the same house so I wanted to make them the same but different. 

For the first bag, I used 6 fat quarters with the 2 background fabrics being the same. For this bag, I used 6 fat quarters with 2 of the block fabrics being the same. 

I'm not sure which bag I like better but I do know that the 'blocks' stand out on these background fabrics better. I had initially purchased two 6-packs of fat quarters to use for this project and thought that the solids would work awesome for young girls.

I also must have made a mistake cutting somewhere in the process but I cut this so long ago I have no idea...I just ended up making the middle of each side of the back the same color as the background and that will have to work :)

 





















I don't think that either girl that is getting a bag sews - so hopefully they will appreciate them. At any rate I am going to fill them up with some handy items that new-grads need. 

This is the second time that I have made a bag with this pattern and I don't think it will be the last. If I make the bag for myself I think i will figure out how to add a zipper to the top and to at least one of the inside pockets.

I showed the bag off at Sewtopia last night and many people made comments about the nice bright colors. I think solids are really started to take off in that group :)

All for now -- Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment