Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Half Moon Bay: 6-Pack Bag

I figured it was high time to make another bag :) I have only seen this bag made in batiks so I was a little concerned about making it in solids but I think it turned out really nicely. 

The pattern is available here. The really great thing about the bag is that it only take 6 fat quarters and some fusible fleece. The quilting on the bag is very minimal so don't let that scare you away either! I think that the quilting could be done in any fashion - I just tried going around each block the best I could. When I make this bag again I think I may just do a large free motion stipple design instead.





I would say that the hardest part of making this bag was all of the cutting!! Some of the pieces get fairly small and you have to be very certain that you are cutting the right pieces to the right length -- there is very little room for error. If you choose to make this pattern, also keep in mind that in order to have the 'background' fabric stay the same on each side of the bag you will need to have 2 fat quarters of the same fabric. The remaining 4 can be different and will end up being the pockets and blocks on the bag. 

Happy first day of spring!!

Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment