Wednesday, March 13, 2013

A Hometown Shower Curtain

BATHROOM PICTURES AHEAD

....consider yourself warned :)


I finally finished up the shower curtain that i have been working on. I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to attach the fabric to the shower curtain so that stopped me for a while. The shower curtain is a waffle weave fabric and I bought it from Target for about $15. 

This fabric was originally supposed to be made into a quilt and it did start out that way BUT I decided to tear it apart. I took out a few strategic seams and put in a few others to make it into a long strip instead of a square. This provided me a length of fabric/blocks that could go either vertically or horizontally on the curtain. I then just added a few inches of a border to the top and bottom so that I didn't have to worry about piecing those hexagons onto the curtain. 

The original pattern for this came from the book "Layer Cake, Jelly Roll and Charm Quilts" by Pam and Nicky Lintott. This pattern is called Hexagon Hip Hop.









The fabric that I used it the Hometown line by Sweetwater for Moda. My mom and I are both in love with this line and wish that we would have bought more when it was available :( I did have some luck this weekend in the fact that a shop fairly close by still had 2 layer cakes available...and of course my nice husband drove me there in bad weather just so that I could buy both of them. He is a keeper!

Have a great rest of the week!

Angela S.

No comments:

Post a Comment