Monday, September 10, 2012

Fast and Furious Quilting

I made up a baby quilt from my new book 'Fast & Furious - Quilting As You Go' by Gudrun Erla. The entire thing took about 2.5 hours with cutting and binding time included.

I had bought a bag of scraps from a local quilt shop a few months ago with no plans. Turns out I had more than enough fabric to complete this quilt with what was in the bag. I did piece the back but the only downside to that is that some of my stitching showed though. I'm pretty sure a baby won't care though :) I really love the purple border print that was in the bag. I think I may have to make myself something with it!

I also managed to finish the binding on my new little runner tonight so I can show that off at my quilting meetings this week :)

Close-up of the fabrics

Front of the quilt
Pieced back

Happy Monday!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment