Monday, August 6, 2012

Southwest Minnesota Shop Hop

This bus tour was a blast!

I had never been on a bus tour before so I wasn't sure quite what to expect but I had a great time. There were less than 40 other people on the tour so it was easy to get to know people and what kinds of things they were looking for in shops.

For complete information on the Quilt Minnesota Shop Hop 2012 please visit them here. If you want to know exactly what shops I stopped at visit here

The SW section offered a prize of 13 fat quarters and a cookbook/pattern book for shophoppers that visit all 10 shops in their section. This book includes patterns from each shop using the fabric that we received. It also includes recipes from some of the treats that shops make for us. I did make quite a few purchases from different shops and here is a peek at a few of my favorites.

Section Prize
Fabric to make a 5 yard quilt
 
New patterns and a quilt as you go book.
 
 While on the hop I heard a lot of gals talking about winter. It seems that most take this trip as a time to stock up for holiday sewing projects and to get a good stash built before the weather turns on us. This tour was a lot of fun and a great way to see new shops that I may not have found or traveled to on my own. 

If you have any shop hopping questions let me know and I'll do my best to answer. What I can tell you for sure is that I will definitely be doing another one at some point in time! 

Have a great week!

Angela 

    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment