Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fall Wall Hanging...Binding

I got this amazing quilt back from my longarm gal a few weeks ago. I have been working on other things and finally got back to it today. I am in LOVE with the quilting on the piece. I have never sent anything out to be quilted so I was really nervous but this turned out perfect! I am just in love with this fabric from Sandy Gervais and I can't wait to hang it up in the house somewhere.
Close-up of the leaf design
 

I did my binding by machine as usual. I begin by attaching the binding to the front of the quilt. From there I fold the binding to the back and either use these awesome little clips or just pins. I should have used more since a few areas didn't get 'caught' while I was stitching in the ditch. Wonder Clips seriously are wonderful though - so much easier than pins. 

Binding by machine

 The Wonder Clips left on the hanging are indicators of where the binding didn't get caught. Most of the areas are very small so i plan on trying to machine the areas with invisible thread and seeing how that goes.

Full view

 If you are interested in this fabric I suggest visiting River City Quilts in Mankato, MN. They still appear to have a large selection of this line even though it is from last year. I visited the shop while on the MN Shop Hop a few weeks ago and they still had charm packs!!. This fabric line is also featured on the cover of the new Quilts and More Fall 2012.

I am really looking forward to a 3 day weekend coming up. I have a few projects in my sewing room that I would really like to tackle but time has just not been on my side lately - especially since I started reading those darn Hunger Games books! I should be finishing the last book early this week though and then things can get back to normal :)

If you are here from the Blog Hop I hope you are having a great time and I hope to see you again! 

If you have been here before --- Thank You!!

Angela

Quilting by: Mary at The Quilt Den - Sioux Falls, SD
Fabric: Grand Finale by Sandy Gervais

No comments:

Post a Comment