Thursday, June 14, 2012

MN Quilt Show and a Box O' Goodies

The Minnesota Quilt Show is finally here!! I am so excited to head out of town Saturday and see some great quilts. My mom(L) and I are going to be taking a bus trip so we don't need to worry about driving - love it! She has never been to a quilt show before and I've never been to one this big so hopefully we survive! 

On a separate note from the quilt show, I received some awesome box of goodies in the mail today. My mom(C) and her mother are quite the sewists/quilters and have amassed some collections. While cleaning out sewing rooms they were thinking of me and put together a nice big box of happy. I could not open this box fast enough. It is PACKED with antique blocks made from 30's and 40's fabrics to dresden plates to English paper pieced hexagons to numerous blocks of the same fashion that seem more than enough to make a quilt. I have went through all of the bags but I'll give you a more detailed report once I have some ideas of what to do with them. Enjoy the sneak peak!


Box of happy

Wall hangings from my grandma and aunt(S)

All together now!








 I will see you all back here after the quilt show! I can't wait to give my feet, wallet and camera a workout!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment