Sunday, June 3, 2012

Free Craftsy Classes

Happy Sunday all!

I just wanted to give you all a heads up on some free classes that Craftsy is offering up. If you are unsure if video learning is for you I highly suggest signing up for one of the free classes and giving it a try. Once you sign up for a class you can sign in and watch videos 24/7 and you can watch each video as many times as you want. Videos are also able to be viewed on numerous different kinds of mobile devices. 



 The classes offered on Craftsy are different than something that you get on youtube because you are able to interact with the instructor directly through message boards. You are also able to easily pause and rewind videos without having to wait for the video to buffer again. Another handy feature is that you can make notes at certain times in the video so you can remind yourself of when the instructor showed a particular method.

Prices on classes to vary from time to time. I highly suggest joining the site without signing up for a class first. By signing up you with then receive e-mail updates about classes when they have discounted pricing. I am currently signed up for 5 classes on the site and only paid for 2 so the e-mails are definitely worth it. If you don't want to deal with e-mails just check the site regularly :)

I have read several reviews about Craftsy classes from other bloggers but I have to say that I really enjoy learning in this fashion. It may just be that I am still a new quilter and need all the information that the instructor has to say or maybe I just like the technology. I do know that one of my favorite parts is that when I take a class in person I am so focused on trying to remember everything that I may not do everything in class. With online classes I am able to watch a video again and again without having to worry that I didn't write it down correctly. 

 ***Just a quick reminder that the Shop Hop around southeastern South Dakota is going on all week so don't forget to stop by your favorite shops! 

Happy Quilting!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment