Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Brrrr - Winter is getting serious

As I type, the temperature here is -1 degree. If you factor in the wind chill it feels like -21 degrees out there. Hence the reason I am staying inside all day sewing!

I started out by attacking my scrap basket and fabrics that have been gifted to me. I found the perfect blocks to use while making up some walker/wheelchair bags. Here are a few of the blocks all sewn together. This is actually a shot of what the back of each bag looks like.These pretty blocks were all string pieced together with nowhere to go - so now hopefully they will be making someones day.


Here are the finished bags! 


Bag 1

Bag 2

And together now :)

 The last photo shows both the front and backs of the bags. The left side is the back and the right side is the front. The front side has one large pocket, two smaller pockets and a small slot for a pen to fit. The back side is different on these bags - one has a large pocket(top) and the other has two smaller pockets(bottom). Personally I think the one with two large pockets would work better because you can roll-up magazines and fit them in there but who knows! I will have to check with the volunteer coordination at Good Sam and see which she thinks people will prefer. 

Pinterest Project #2

I didn't work off of a pattern but more like a general idea. The video below gave some great instructions however since I was working with scraps, wanted to add an extra pocket AND needed to add a pen holding pocket I adjusted as necessary.


While thinking about not going outside I was reminded about something I had seen on Pinterest a long time ago. A hooded scarf or scoodie.  I had bought the fabric to make one this fall and just didn't get around to it so here we are. I used tan sweatshirt fabric and purple flannel to make mine. I wasn't exactly sure how long I wanted to make the scarf part but I think this will be a nice size to wrap around your neck in the winter and not worry about adding to much bulk underneath your coat. The tutorial that I used can be found here.



With all of that I'm off to drink another cup of hot cocoa!

Angela S. 

No comments:

Post a Comment