Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Back in action!

Sorry all - I took a vacation from work, blogging and my normal life in general for a bit there :) Here are a few of the things I have been working on. 


This fun hexagon quilt is actually going to be my new shower curtain. I am so excited that I am putting my 'Hometown' fabric to use. The rows on the left have been pieced together but the rows on the right have not been. Working with fabric on the bias is not my favorite but I think I am really going to like the finished project. The pattern is from Layer Cake, Jelly Roll & Charm Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott. This particular pattern is called Hexagon Hiphop. 


The above little wine bag was so fun to make. I especially love the cork fabric that I used as a lining. I know that the One Yard Wonders book has been out for quite some time now but I just picked it up recently. This was my first project from the book but it certainly won't be the last. I'm really interested in the pattern for the tabletop ironing board as well as some of the garment items such as the bedtime shorts. 

In other news around here....I get to see Darlene Zimmerman tomorrow evening! She will be speaking at my guild and then teaching a class the next day. I am really excited to see what topics she will be speaking on.

I will post an update on how things went :) In the meantime, have a great rest of the week!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment