Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shop Hop Results

I was able to stop in three different quilt shops on my short weekend trip.

 My first two stops were in Mitchell, SD. The Pincushion is a wonderful little shop with lots of samples hung all around. Many of the samples hung up had kits available. They have lots of precuts available and had a great selection of fabric. They also had quilting stencils which you don't see around very much. The shop is fairly large and the ladies there were very helpful.I had been looking for more of the Hometown and Grand Finale fabrics but could only find them online so I was very happy to see them in the store.

Grand Finale Charm Pack, Hometown Layer Cake and Roll Play quilt pattern 




 
The second stop in Mitchell was at the Fabric and Textile Warehouse. This is just on the opposite corner of Main Street in Mitchell so a very quick walk :) This place had tons and tons of fabric. Not all was quilting material but that's just fine with me. They did have a variety of quilting patterns including things from Vanilla House and Atkinson Designs. I did not see many samples hung up but the store is very large so I did not get to see everything. I am planning on making an apron and table runner for a family member that is getting married and I thought the below fabrics would work really well together. I bought 2 yards of each so that should leave me plenty of room for both projects.

2 yards of each fabric

The Quilt Shop in Chamberlain was the last stop on my route. This shop was once an old house and has since been converted into a quilt shop. The whole main floor was jam packed with fabric. There were a few samples hung around for table runners and other small items but I did not see many quilts hung around. There were plenty of books to choose from as well as fat quarters. Due to the area that they are in they also had many different kinds of hunting and fishing fabrics around. There were a few kits available but most did not appeal to me. I picked up this fat quarter pack and table runner pattern to go with my previous coffee material purchase in Mitchell. The table pattern is a quilt-as-you-go type of thing so I think it will work very well for me.

Fat Quarter Table Runner pattern and fat quarter pack


The Pincushion
320 North Main Street  
Mitchell, SD 57301
 
Fabric and Textile Warehouse
401 North Main Street (Downtown)
Mitchell, SD 57301 

The Quilt Shop
315 N. Main
Chamberlain, SD 57325

Have a great week!

Angela

No comments:

Post a Comment